While 2020 was a ‘year like no other’; it was also a year of resilience, kindness and generosity. From the early moments of uncertainty to the pandemic turning our world upside down, the Yaletown House Team met the challenge, adapted and did their best to keep our community safe. We did not do this alone and below is just a snippet of the overwhelming support we received over the past 11 months:
• Countless donations from friends and strangers
• Gifts of iPads & tablets for virtual visits
• Letters, emails and phone calls of encouragement
• Thousands of face masks, hundreds hand sanitizer bottles and other PPE donated from community groups
• Businesses donated for special occasions, such as Mother’s Day
• Individual and handmade cards for each resident
• Offers of virtual musical concerts
• Hundreds of handmade staff cloth masks (to wear outside of work)
• Curbside, socially distant Carolers to brighten everyone’s day
• And Santa somehow made his way to deliver on time with 127 Christmas Presents
We especially would like to thank our Families who were patient and understanding, our Residents who trusted us, our Volunteers who stayed connected, our Staff who always put the residents’ safety first, our Leadership Team who responded at lightning speed to the changing situation, and our Board of Directors who guided us and never strayed far – even if on Zoom.
Thank you everyone – Merry Wishes for a Bright and Healthy 2021.
Carol Crichton, Executive Director
& The Mighty Yaletown House Team: The Frontline Heroes & Behind the Scenes Stars