Governance and Structure
At the very top of the Yaletown House organization chart is our residents. All decisions made within the organization must consider the impact on the residents first.
The Society is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that are appointed from its Society Membership. There are four committees comprised of Society members that report to the Board:
- Care and Support Services
- Community Relations
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and holds the License to operate Yaletown House Society. With the support of a Leadership Team of eight management staff, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall direction and operations of the home. The Society employs approximately 100 full and part time employees. There are two unions representing the unionized employees: BC Nurses Union and Hospital Employees Union.
We are here to support residents to achieve optimal health and quality of life.
The Yaletown House community is guided by and committed to demonstrate:
- Caring – for the physical, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of each individual
- Integrity – honesty with oneself and all others in a respectful manner
- Trust – that we make a meaningful difference to the safety, security and quality of living for residents and work life for employees
- Accountability – for the impact of our thoughts, actions and words
- Learning – anticipating and supporting ongoing learning in all of our planning, decision-making and action.
Yaletown House is committed to anticipating and meeting the changing needs of the residents and employees by:
- providing evidence-based care and services, using a holistic model
- ensuring a focus on prevention of illness and disability in all programs and services
- supporting aging in place by optimization of the physical environment
- facilitating a living and working environment that promotes and balances safety, risk-taking and the needs of the residents and employees.