We are a registered charity raising much-needed funds for seniors and older adults living at Yaletown House. The Yaletown House Foundation was formed 1993 with a mission is to benefit our residents’ lives by raising funds equipment, capital improvements and a continuum of therapeutic programs, to enhance our residents environment in a personal, positive and compassionate manner. Thanks to generous donors, together we are improving the quality of life one amazing person at time.
Charity Number 89249-4444RR0001
The Yaletown House Foundation Newsletter is our opportunity to share stories about generous donors, dedicated volunteers, innovate therapeutic programs, and medical equipment purchased thanks to our caring community. Recent editions are listed below.
Where to Donate
Several of our therapeutic programs rely solely on funding from donations and Provincial Gaming Grants:
- The power of MUSIC THERAPY is a vital medium to engage residents and encourage lost connections in a supportive environment.
- ART THERAPY can help recall memories, relieve stress and assist residents in discovering a hidden talent.
- While getting your hands dirty in the soil, HORTICULTURE THERAPY allows for socialization and sharing of past gardening experience.
- Finding peace, hope and comfort during difficult times, our SPIRITUAL CARE PROGRAM supports residents and families.
Together these vital therapeutic services benefit our seniors greatly. Help make what matters »
The Duet Bike is a modified tandem style bicycle specifically designed for taking individuals with mobility limitations outside on rides. Supported by an active team of volunteer riders, our residents get out into the community 11 ½ months a year. As with any bicycle, the Duet Bike requires regular maintenance to keep the program running safely. Get us moving »
Equipment – PA System, Music Player and Speakers
Social Engagement, music, hearing and being heard: all vital components of community living. As technology advances, we need a modern, portable PA system for programs, entertainment and resident meetings. As well, we need a music player and speakers in the main lounge for enjoyment any time of the day. Give to listen up »
Equipment Specialty Mattresses and Electric Beds
We are replacing our beds with specialized pressure reducing mattresses and electric beds and with integrated exit alarm system for seniors who are prone to falls. Together the mattress and bed units will enhance the safety and comfort for our residents and provide long lasting durability for our complex care population. Give to sweet dreams »
Building Improvements- Main Floor Lounge Furniture
After 10 years of well-loved and constant use, we require upgrades to our seating complement in the main lounge. The plan is to replace the lounge seating with hospital grade, infection control materials. The seat frames will be constructed to withstand substantial and heavy use and offer added protection from potential damage from wheelchairs and walkers.. Improve our space»
Building Improvements- Courtyard Garden Redevelopment
A beautiful setting for residents, families and friends to spend quality time, our courtyard garden space is our little oasis in the big city. Redevelopment plans include accessible planters, comfortable seating, tables, perimeter security, lighting, shade and mature trees. The courtyard is ideal for variety of activities from horticulture programs that will see residents growing a variety of plants and flowers to simply a pleasant area for a visit. As many of our seniors have strong links to past gardening experiences the redesigned space will grow opportunities for them to continue their love of garden and give them a sense of pride and accomplishment. Help us Grow »
Every dollar counts. We are grateful for our community who generously give to the Foundation.
Memorial or Honorarium Gifts
Gifts to the Foundation that honor a family member or friend are a thoughtful long-term expression of recognition and tribute to our resident’s life. When Memorial donations are made, the resident’s name is added to our Donor Memorial Wall, as well thank you cards are sent to the appropriate individuals. Make a Gift»
- On line with your credit card via Canadahelps.
- By phone at 604 689-0022 during reception hours (M-F 8:30am-4pm) with your credit card.
- By cash or cheque in the mail or in person at 1099 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5A8
- We also accept publicly traded securities at the full value of the shares on the day they are donated to Yaletown House. Donors do not pay capital gains tax on the appreciated value on the securities (such as stocks, bonds and mutual funds). This means that you will save substantially more in taxes by giving the equivalent in cash.
To learn more about Fundraising and the Yaletown House Foundation please contact Lynn Parkin at 604.806.4210 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print & Mail
Click the Print & Mail button below to view a printable donation form in PDF format.
Click the button below to give online via Canada Helps. Your online transaction will be encrypted for security.