2012 was another successful Holiday Season filled with warmth and love. The month long festivities were made possible thanks to some wonderful people:
- Thank you to Roger McKie of Dressew Supplies who continued his 21 year tradition of providing each resident with a personalized gift to open on Christmas morning.
- Thank you to the many families and friends who visited our home in December,
- To the staff from all departments who helped share the joy of the festivities with everyone.
- Special acknowledgement to the Recreation Team who planned and carried out all the Holiday events to make our residents’ Christmas Season the best: Cori, Tammy, Marlene, Maren, Lyndia, Valerie, Janelle, Pam, Emily, Coral and Mayumi.
- We also could not have done all the events without our volunteers; our singers from Killarney Secondary School, to gift wrappers, slide show photographer Dianna, breakfast with Santa team from Methanex, and Family and Friends night servers – so many of you to thank!
We are pleased to share a poem written by Marlene, Recreation Therapist, which was read by Michael, a volunteer, at our Christmas Family and Friends night:
We welcome you residents,
family and friends
Find a comfortable seat
and adjust your zoom lense
Enjoy all the carols,
the food and the fun
There’ll be plenty of all three
by the time we are done.
It’s Christmas at Yaletown,
Two thousand and twelve
So put a smile on your face
like a wee jolly elf.
Celebrate all the beauty
of this season so bright
With reckless abandon
we’ll sing into the night
For this merry good time
only comes once a year
So celebrate with us now
We’re so glad that you’re here!